Model T3-2 (Cloverleaf)
Three-seater Tourer with central rear seat
Model designation: T3-2
Nickname: «Trèfle, Cloverleaf»
The body was of a wooden structure, on which the body panels were nailed. As the T3-1, the rear was rounded, unlike the two-seater. The car had only one door located on the passenger side and opening to the front; reversed on the right-hand drive cars.
The door size was increased by 7cm in respect of the model T2. The door hinges were not visible. A tensioned conical bolt reduced vibrations of the door. The spare wheel was attached to the rear and was fitted with a tyre on delivery.
In the front there were two single seats, covered with leatherette. The third seat was placed at the rear, in the centre, hence the nickname "Trèfle". A passage between the front seats allowed access to the rear seat.
Two small compartments were placed to the right and left of the rear seat.
They were accessible from above and closed by a lid.
A body rail made of aluminium profile bordered the upper edge of the body and was painted black.
The running boards were made of aluminium reinforced with long grooves.
They were black in colour; the top of the grooves was polished.
The wings and frame coverings were made of black painted metal sheet.
All four wings are reinforced by bordures.
The headlamps (bowls: black paint; rims: nickelled) were connected by an adjustable nickel-plated cross bar. In addition to headlights there was the possibility, to switch on a parking light.
Door storage pockets were fitted in the door and alongside the driver. The interior lining (incl. seats) made of imitation leather was also available in black, red and brown according to the body colour.
The floor covering was black brush carpet. The polished and engine turned aluminium dashboard was simple, with only an ammeter and a headlight/ignition switch.
The Model T3-2 was based on the type C3 chassis with a wheelbase of 2.35m.
The running board from Aluminium is 170x980 mm.
The windscreen can be inclined and fixed in any position.
The pivoting point is in the lower third of the frame.
The convertible top was openable around a single axis and covered with waterproof fabric. The hood hops were steel.
Vehicles imported to England or assembled there are retrofitted with side lamps, rear-view mirrors, windscreen wipers and speedometers by the importer in Slough (London) [L22].
Production period from Oktober 1924 until June 1926
All cars were equipped with Michelin "Confort" balloon tyres (715x115)
and the corresponding rims [L386].
The rims are manufactured by MICHELIN and are delivered to the assembly line fitted with tires.
For logistical reasons black is used as standard colour for the rims.
A newly designed windscreen system from Citroën is used. From February 1925 the Cloverleaf was equipped with deep-drawn (round) wings and a new rear axle (oval). The cooling system was improved by the addition of a fan from June 1925 [L61].
At its introduction the Cloverleaf was available only in mouse grey (beige foncé ) [L213, L179], then from December, also in blue and red (maroon). The mouse grey colour was not popular and was soon replaced by brown (havane). Rims, wings, lamps etc. were black.
|Black enamel||Wings, frame cover, rims, windscreen frame, windscreen columns, license plate, cover rail.|
|Mousegrey, burgundy red (maroon), blue or brown (havane)||Bodywork, bonnet.|
|Black, red and brown leathrette||Seat, seatrest, side panels, pockets.|
|Nickel plated||Radiator grille, headlamp rims, lamps connecting rod, steering column, fuel tank cover, trim behind bonnet, bonnet locks.|
The asymmetric rims developed by MICHELIN (Bibendum, 12x45) were never originally fitted. They became available in 1927 and in subsequent years, they have replaced the beaded rims of the vehicles still in use [L308]. MICHELIN's beaded edge tyres were offered in the MICHELIN catalogue until 1945 [L429, L430].